Noticeably absent from mainstream news…
(Arab News) The US on Wednesday blacklisted a senior member of Iranian-backed Kata’ib Hezbollah militia, punishing it for its attacks targeting US forces, most recently for killing an American contractor in an Iraqi military base near the northern city of Kirkuk…
… “The Kata’ib Hezbollah group continues to present a threat to U.S. forces in Iraq,” Nathan Sales, the State Department’s counterterrorism coordinator, said at a news briefing…
President Trump gave Secretary of Defense Mark Esper the authority to respond to the attack by Kataib Hezbollah earlier this week that killed two U.S., and one British soldier. Twelve military personnel were also injured.
The retaliation came early Thursday evening:
BREAKING: U.S. warplanes strike multiple Iran-backed militia sites after deadly Iraq attack https://t.co/NbILN1D9wN
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) March 12, 2020
Earlier this evening, the United States conducted defensive precision strikes against Kata’ib Hizbollah (KH) facilities across Iraq. These strikes targeted five weapon storage facilities to significantly degrade their ability to conduct future attacks against Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) coalition forces. These weapons storage facilities include facilities that housed weapons used to target U.S. and coalition troops.
These strikes were defensive, proportional, and in direct response to the threat posed by Iranian-backed Shia militia groups (SMG) who continue to attack bases hosting OIR coalition forces.
Yesterday’s attack on Camp Taji killed two U.S. and one U.K. service members and wounded 14 others. It marked the latest in a series of rocket attacks conducted by Iranian-backed SMGs against U.S. and coalition personnel – killing five and wounding dozens more, including Iraqi Security Forces.
“The United States will not tolerate attacks against our people, our interests, or our allies,” Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper said. “As we have demonstrated in recent months, we will take any action necessary to protect our forces in Iraq and the region.”
During discussions with senior Iraqi officials, the department re-emphasized its commitment to the force protection of coalition service members and to preventing SMG attacks on coalition forces.
These terror groups must cease their attacks on U.S. and coalition forces or face consequences at a time and place of our choosing.
The U.S. and the coalition remain committed to the lasting defeat of ISIS, and the long-term security, stability, and sovereignty of Iraq.
Had Barack Hussein Obama green-lighted an action like this he would have been hailed in our Pravda media for his courage and his vision… even while feeding Iran (the funding agents for Kata’ib Hezbollah) $150 Billion dollars and another $1.6 billion in cash.
Instead, crickets. Given that the mainstream media coordinates all of its reporting with Democrat strategists, it looks like they may be positioning for campaign attacks against President Trump as being weak on defense over his desire to bring our troops.