Jeff Jensen of the USAO Eastern District of Missouri had been tasked by the U.S. Attorney General William Barr with reviewing the case against former Trump National Security Advisor Lt. General Michael Flynn.
Yesterday, Jensen released a blockbuster memo written by Peter Strzok, lead inquisitor of Flynn, that suggests massive wrongdoing in the investigation leading all the way to former President Obama and his Vice President Joe Biden.
Admittedly FBI Counterintelligence official Peter Strzok’s note is handwritten and somewhat open to interpretation because of his worse than shoddy penmanship, but what we can decipher is explosive.
One attempt at explaining this mess came from Stephen McIntyre:
NSA.D. DAG. Flynn cuts. Other [????s]
- DAG… lean forward[?] on useless[?]
VP:Make sure you look at thing and have the right people on it.
VP: “Logan Act”
- These are unusual times.
VP: I’ve been on the intel committee for ten years and I never…
P: Make sure you look at thing and have the right people on it.
P: Is there anything I shouldn’t be telling transition team?
D: Flynn-Kislyak calls appear legit
??: Happy New Year. Yeah, right.
Now the timeline surrounding Strzok’s notes:
- January 3rd and 4th, 2017… FBI Director James Comey and Obama’s Director of National Intelligence James Clapper were in conversation. Director Comey provided the “CR cuts” of the Flynn-Kislyak phone calls (Flynn is Crossfire Razor “CR”) to DNI Clapper on one of those dates. Clapper then briefs the White House.
- On January 4, 2017 the FBI’s Washington Field Office concluded its investigation of Lt. General Michael Flynn and issues its closing communication…
- Likely upon receipt of the field office’s letter to terminate the investigation of Trump’s incoming National Security Advisor, January 4th, Director Comey (the 7th floor is involved) made the decision to ignore the investigating field office’s recommendation and begin the process of framing a decorated three-star general.
- Strzok then meets with Comey and generates the notes (above.) Key takeaways…
- Flynn-Kislyak calls appear legit. Strzok appears to be saying Comey’s message is to find another way… as incoming NSA, Flynn’s talks with Russian Ambassador Kislyak were well within acceptable bounds. The investigation from this point forward becomes an effort to frame incoming NSA Flynn.
- Make sure you look at thing and have the right people on it. The right people should be read as agents who could be counted on to frame Flynn and keep their mouths shut.
- “Logan Act” – Vice President Biden seemingly suggested exploring how the Justice Department could get Flynn to admit violating the Logan Act, a law that dates back to from 1799 which makes it a crime for a citizen to intervene in disputes between the United States and foreign governments. It has never been used to convict a citizen and is widely viewed as flagrantly unconstitutional.
Overlay this with Strzok’s boss, William Priestap asking:
“What is our goal? Truth and admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?”
… and we see how blatantly transparent Comey’s orders to frame Flynn were. The appeals court that ordered the dismissal of the case agrees.
- January 5, 2017 – The day after Strzok writes these notes, Obama, Biden, NSA Rice, DAG Yates, Clapper, CIA Director John Brennan, and Comey meet at the White House. The sole job of the DNI is to provide intelligence for the POTUS. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that DNI Clapper didn’t share the information Comey has provided him…
Comey is clearly in the ringer. As is Agent Strzok. But another shoe is likely to drop… a very big shoe… if we were to learn what was discussed at that January 5th meeting.
While everyone is rightly focusing on the bombshell revelations contained within the Strzok notes, I’ll call your attention to the last sentence in the cover letter that accompanied its release… additional documents may be forthcoming…
And the potential for providing ironclad evidence that Obama was running the Flynn witch hunt…
Knock – Knock
…Justin case you thought we bought Susan Rice’s CYA email…