I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown, tomorrow afternoon at 3 P.M., live from the @WhiteHouse.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2019
Elder Patriot – As we wait for President Trump’s announcement concerning enhanced border security and the fate of 800,000 furloughed federal workers, let’s look back on what the president offered Democrats in early November of 2017 in exchange for improving our border defenses.
At that time Trump was asking for:
- A fully funded border wall
- An huge increase in deportation agents
- Strict limits on chain migration
- A crackdown on sanctuary cities
- Permitting federal agents broader latitude to turn illegal immigrants away at the border
- Permitting federal agents broader latitude to detain illegal immigrants when they’ve been identified in the interior
- Streamlining the deportation process
In exchange the president offered amnesty for 1.8 million DACA recipients.
Gametime is 3:00 today. Are you taking the over or the under?