Trump supporters, long hopeful that he would be able to fulfill his campaign promise to drain the swamp, couldn’t have asked for a better ending to the last week.
Four major announcements/developments have rocked high-level Obama-era intelligence community operatives and sent the entire D.C. establishment into a shared panic.
- DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz sent a letter to Congress informing them that his report on FISA abuse is now imminent there’s likely no need for a “classified version.”
This would be indicative that Attorney General William Barr has likely declassified virtually all of it. There can be no ‘defensive’ mainstream media interpretation of the raw truth that can save the swamp.
- The New York Times reported that US Attorney John Durham’s “review” has officially morphed into a full “criminal investigation”.
This gives Durham, the power to compel testimony and documents through the use of subpoenas and to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges.
- Sidney Powell, attorney for Lt. General Michael Flynn, submitted a 37-page court filing to presiding Judge Emmet Sullivan that contained explosive discoveries of the FBI withholding important Brady material – exculpatory evidence.
The filing included notification to the court that:
- Joseph Mifsud’s phones were in Durham’s possession,
- allegations by Powell that Lisa Page had edited Flynn’s 302’s, even inserting lies to frame NSA Flynn, so they supported the corrupt narrative,
- previously unseen texts between Page and Peter Strzok that discuss the Flynn entrapment plan,
- phone records showing a quote from ODNI James Clapper telling WaPo reporter David Ignatius to “take the kill shot on Flynn”,
- There is reason to believe Office of Net Assessment Director James Baker was Stephan Halper’s handler and that Baker leaked the transcript of Gen. Flynn’s phone calls to Ignatius.
- Attempts by Democrats, and their media allies, to start another impeachment narrative surrounding President Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Zolodymyr Zelensky have backfired.
All of this came after pollster John McLaughlin had completed taking the pulse of voters as to how they viewed the Dems’ impeachment efforts.
Breitbart confirmed that poll when it reported exclusively that an RNC memo revealed “independent voters nationwide en masse oppose impeachment—with 54 percent opposed and only 34 percent in favor.”
Apparently, if this NBC report is to be believed, there’s even more bad news – for the Deep State – ahead:
“Justice Department officials have said that Durham has found something significant, and that critics should be careful.”
Just for shits and giggles, and only because this has suddenly become so amusing, let’s speculate on what that news might be:
- Christopher Steele has flipped and is telling prosecutors that he only lent his name and reputation as an MI6 agent to the infamous dossier, and that the dossier was the work of Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS.
That would mean that Hillary Clinton bought those FISA warrants.
It would also mean that the architects of the Russia hoax – Brennan, Clapper, and Comey – will be scrambling to explain their ineptitude/corrupt intents.
Could it be that Steele has told Horowitz and/or Durham that Daniel Jones, former lead staffer for former SSCI Vice-Chair Dianne Feinstein, and Christopher Steele’s attorney Adam Waldman, colluded with Sen. Mark Warner, Co-Chair of the Senate Intel Committee (SSCI), to take down Donald Trump.
- During their trip to Italy, Barr and Durham were granted access to an audio-taped deposition that Mifsud gave to Italian police in which he admitted to being a western intelligence asset who was enlisted by the CIA (Brennan) to run a covert intelligence operation against the Donald Trump campaign in 2016.
- Barr and Durham’s stopover in England presented the opportunity to read the transcript of Stefan Halper and Azra Turk meeting with George Papadopoulos.
Trey Gowdy, former Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that he has seen those transcripts and that they exonerate Papadopoulos.
Gowdy: Yeah, I mean if the bureau is going to send an informant in, the informant is going to be wired; and if the bureau is monitoring telephone calls there’s going to be a transcript of that.
And some of us have been fortunate enough to know whether or not those transcripts exist; but they haven’t been made public and I think one in-particular is going – it has the potential to actually persuade people. Very little in this Russia probe I’m afraid is going to persuade people who hate Trump, or who love Trump, but there is some information in these transcripts that I think has the potential to be a game-changer if it’s ever made public.
- The reason SSCI Security Director James Wolfe was given a slap on the wrist after leaking classified documents (after being directed to do so by Warner) to Ali Watkins was because he threatened to subpoena Senators on the Senate Intelligence Committee (July 27, 2018) for his defense.
Contemplating the shitstorm that might be awaiting the Deep State is almost as exciting as waiting for Christmas morning.