ELDER PATRIOT – By now you know that Republican Karen Handel won the special election to fill the seat left vacant by Tom Price when he joined President Trump’s cabinet and you’re probably being bombarded by the Democrat’s spin doctors in the MSM trying to put lipstick on this pig.
Here are the indisputable facts:
- The Dems poured at least $22 million and perhaps as much as $35 million attempting to buy this district. That’s at least 15 times the average amount that is spent on a campaign for a House seat.
- Georgia 6 was a battleground that the Dems believed they could win. They wouldn’t have thrown tens of millions of dollars into a random election if they didn’t believe that.
- Dems openly referred to the race for Georgia 6 as a referendum on Donald Trump. Trump won here in November by 1.5 points.
- Handel won by 3.8 points. Significantly, while delivering her victory speech, Handel received the loudest ovation when she thanked President Trump. The crowd even began chanting Trump! Trump! Trump! This puts the lie to the Dems’ spin that her supporters were disaffected Republicans who weren’t yet ready to vote for a Democrat.
When all the spin evaporates here’s what’s left:
- The Democrats cannot raise enough money – nowhere near enough – to overcome the strategy of hate, violence and obstruction that their leaders have adopted.
- President Trump’s support is solid and growing. Much like the volunteers that fought for our independence from England, Trump’s supporters refuse to be deterred from restoring America’s sovereignty.
Mid-term elections usually don’t go well for the president’s party but no opposition party ever before adopted window shattering, physical assault, assassination, the destruction of the First Amendment, and obstruction into their platform.
America’s voters have told the Dems that they expect them to engage in civil political debate about fixing their problems, but the Dems won’t listen. Since they refuse to, the only thing left for voters is to review the carnage of the Obama years which has brought them to the conclusion that the only thing the Dems are interested in “fixing” is the system so that it continues serving the Ruling Elites.