ELDER PATRIOT – Black Lives Matter activist and co-founder Chanelle Helm recently released a list of 10 requests to whites that was published on Leoweekly.com:
1. “White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
2. “White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
3. “If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
4. “White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
5. “White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
6. “White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
7. “White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
8. “Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
9. “OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
10. “Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney •
Reparations? You’ve got to be kidding. My ancestors were worked to death in concentration camps and then incinerated. It doesn’t take seven generations to break the cycle of poverty my family did it in one. And, we didn’t do it by crying to others for government assistance. We did it by embracing whatever opportunities were available to us so that our skills made us valuable to employers.
It is in this spirit that I make 4 requests of blacks:
- Make use of the education that is paid for largely by those you label as white racists. As an example, children in Newark, NJ schools cost $23,160 annually and yet rank 467th out of 520 school districts in the state. By comparison North Caldwell NJ spends about half that amount per student and ranks as the top of academic performer in NJ. When taxpayers spend that much money they have a right to expect your very best effort. We all know that you’re capable of more, much more.
- After spending $275,000 on your education taxpayers have a right to expect that you end up on welfare. You should too. Likewise, truly needy people would appreciate if you stopped competing with them for the scant resources that are available to help people in need. $275,000 is more than more than I spent on the college educations of my four children combined, some of who have advanced degrees.
- If illegal aliens can find work and make enough money to survive then you can to. It is only through hard work that you can expect to escape “generational poverty.” I know because my parents did it. If you are healthy then your own pride should demand that you work and not rely on any form of public assistance. How can any job be considered lower than begging from the public trough? Get off welfare and other forms of public assistance.
- Vote as an American not as a black American. If, for the purpose of the great American debate you insist in defining yourself as a black American what right do you have to ask me to see you as anything else? When a white person says all whites should vote together you rightfully accuse them of being separatists. Why are you any different?
These are the same four demands that I made of children as they were growing up.
The sooner you admit that the lack of success in your life is your fault and not the result of institutionalized racism, the sooner you can start to work to improve your condition. Starting a race war to get something you didn’t effort to earn is deplorable.