ELDER PATRIOT – An investigation should immediately be opened into John McCain’s accusation that “Rand Paul is working for Vladimir Putin.”
Because Paul refused to vote in favor of admitting the tiny nation of Montenegro into NATO, McCain labeled him a traitor.
The despicable troll that occupies one of Arizona’s senate seats had this to say about Paul after his “No” vote:
“You are achieving the objectives of Vladimir Putin … trying to dismember this small country which has already been the subject an attempted coup. If they object, they are now carrying out the desires and ambitions of Vladimir Putin, and I do not say that lightly.”
““I note the senator from Kentucky leaving the floor without justification or any rationale for the action he has just taken. That is really remarkable, that a senator blocking a treaty that is supported by the overwhelming number – perhaps 98, at least, of his colleagues – would come to the floor and object and walk away.
“The only conclusion you can draw when he walks away is he has no justification for his objection to having a small nation be part of NATO that is under assault from the Russians. So I repeat again, the senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin.”
Whoa!!! Why is Senator McCain resorting to McCarthyism to vilify a fellow senator for voting his conscience? McCarthyism is a term used to describe the tactics of former Senator Joe McCarthy who became infamous for accusing government employees of being Communists. The term is even defined in the dictionary:
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the practice of making unsubstantiated accusations of disloyalty or Communist leanings
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the use of unsupported accusations for any purpose
Think about it, even his Democratic colleagues refused to join McCain in attacking Rand Paul in this manner.
Lost on McCain was his hypocrisy after having joined the Democrats in demanding that Trump put up or shut up about his “unsubstantiated” tweets accusing Obama of illegal electronic surveillance of his campaign. Now McCain is making an equally unsubstantiated claim about Senator Paul.
Here’s a little history lesson that the Arizona war hawk would like us to forget, he and the rest of the Senate cast 98 votes in favor of invading Iraq. With that war now having expanded to five countries at present, and threatening to spread to even more, what would that vote have been with the benefit of hindsight?
We already know how the rest of America would answer that question because President Trump made his opposition to the Iraq War a centerpiece of his campaign.
Rand Paul may simply be concerned with allowing a nation of slightly over a half million people become the cause of World War III.
By comparison, according to a study released by Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) the death toll from the first 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million. It is higher today.
Let’s not forget the sacrifices of our brave warriors who have watched Obama, Clinton and their Democrat colleagues undo everything they had shed their blood to achieve.
According to a February 2013 Congressional Research Service report, “U.S. Military Casualty Statistics: Operation New Dawn, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom:”
- During the Iraq War, 4,475 U.S. service members were killed and 32,220 were wounded; in Afghanistan, 2,165 have been killed and 18,230 wounded through Feb. 5, 2013.
- Among service members deployed in these conflicts, 103,792 were diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) over the period 2002 to December 2012. Over that same period, 253,330 service members were diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) of some kind.
- As a result of battle injuries in the Iraq War, 991 service members received wounds that required amputations; 797 lost major limbs, such as a leg. In Afghanistan, 724 have had to undergo amputations, with 696 losing a major limb.
John McCain is a miserable Chicken Hawk who, it now appears, will stop at nothing to start WW III.