Yesterday we reprinted the key points that had been identified by (CTH) from the rules for the continued impeachment inquiry that made today’s vote nothing more than approval of the ongoing sham investigation
Emphasis has been added by PC.
Key points from rules:
- The Executive Branch will not be permitted to participate in the open HPSCI hearing.
- President Trump lawyers will not be permitted to question witnesses in the open HPSCI hearing.
- Ranking member of HPSCI (Nunes) may have subpoena power subject to pre-approval by Chairman Adam Schiff. Requests must be made in writing. Chair is not mandated to approve.
- Ranking member of HPSCI (Nunes) may have ability to request witnesses subject to pre-approval by Chairman Adam Schiff. Requests must be made in writing. Chair is not mandated to approve.
- Schiff (Chairman) and Nunes (Ranking member) will each have 90 minutes (aggregate) to question any witness brought before the committee. All other committee members will have 5 minutes each, per witness. [Remember this is a member assembly of 3 committees]
- The Chairman can allow contracted legal staff (Lawfare) to question witnesses, as part of his 90-minutes of available questioning.
- The Chair is authorized, though not required, to make depositions public.
- Upon completion of the hearing(s), the HPSCI chairman shall write a **report to the Judiciary (Nadler) with instructions of findings. The chair may include dissent from the minority opinion therein. Or, the chair may decide not to include the minority opinion.
So why did Shannon Bream talk around this graphic that was posted as she spoke?
What Pelosi/Schiff et al have assembled is a format for a highly controlled public spectacle prior to a predetermined transfer of evidence to Jerry Nadler (Judiciary). With the intent to construct a pantomime for public absorption in mind, the rules are written for maximum narrative construction. [ex. Lawfare lawyers will question witnesses] – (CTH)
But Bream and/or her superiors at Fox either deliberately, or out of gross malfeasance, decided to run a graphic that is intended to box President Trump and his Republican defenders into accepting the no-change inquiry.
There is only one piece of evidence that should matter here – the transcript of the president’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. That and the fact that President Zelensky confirmed he never felt pressured by President Trump.
What else matters? Five people say they witnessed you committing a crime but you were out of town at the time conducting business. The person you were meeting with confirms your story. You have airline tickets and hotel receipts. Who do you believe?
No one should give a rats’ ass how some unelected bureaucrat(s) interprets the president’s words. If they disagree with the president on policy due to the content of what they claim to have overheard, they can support a candidate who they agree with.
But until then, Donald Trump is the president and any attempt to remove him over their ‘interpretation’ of a phone call… or ten phone calls, is an unconstitutional usurpation of power for political reasons.
If Democrats are successful in removing President Trump, future presidents will be forever subservient to the whims of the Congress. This would be fine with post-Constitutional Democrats.
Fox News, or any responsible news outlet, would have reported the truth about the scam rules for their inquiry in search of a crime that Democrats’ plan on bringing to a vote today.
Consider that Paul Ryan, one of the most visible Never-Trumpers, is on the board of Fox. Ryan essentially threw the House to Democrat control by grinding legislation to a halt when he was Speaker.
Ryan ran as Mitt Romney’s vice presidential candidate in 2012. Romney is one of only three Republican senators yet to sign on to Lindsey Graham’s resolution condemning the Democrats’ sham impeachment scheme.
Or, maybe Fox is just interested in the ratings that would be generated from an actual impeachment proceeding…