Elder Patriot – The longer Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Donald Trump and his associates goes on, the more obvious it has become that Trump may be the “cleanest” president in our nation’s history.
This conclusion has been supported by the recent revelations that former President Barack Obama had ordered investigations into both, candidate Trump and later President Trump employing illegally authorized electronic surveillance and then unlawfully unmasking Trump associates for political purposes.
When President Trump originally leveled this charge, anti-Trump Deep State operatives directed the mainstream media to paint him as delusional. It was arrogant on their part not to realize that in a government that employs as many people as ours does that there were no Trump loyalists, or even some who were just sickened by what they had witnessed, who had informed him these actions.
It’s now clear that President Trump knew whereof he was speaking. The fact that leftists continue denying anything illegal took place and are clinging to the now debunked claim that no such spying took place proves just how closely they are aligned with the global Marxist movement.
It now appears that Robert Mueller was brought in to conduct damage control for both the Obama administration and the Clintons and to find something substantive with which to direct charges against President Trump.
Obama’s use of federal institutions to damage his political opponents employed techniques reminiscent of both the East German Stasi and the Communist Chinese.
Mueller’s work has yielded one positive for the American people. It has focused attention on the government’s overreach into our personal lives. That has empowered journalistic enterprises like Breitbart and Infowars with greater credibility that has led to the exposure of more and more government wrongdoing.
Sadly, this is likely bigger and more extensive than anybody has yet imagined. Sheryl Attkisson is an investigative reporter who has been examining the facts for more than two years. She lays out this timeline for how our intelligence community had been compromised by Barack Obama and his appointees:
- The intelligence community secretly expanded its authority in 2011 so it can monitor innocent U.S. citizens like you and me for doing nothing more than mentioning a target’s name a single time. In other words, any politically aware person discussing virtually any political subject could be spied on. This included Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) who was wiretapped in 2011.
- In 2014, it was discovered that the CIA was spying on Senate Intelligence Committee staffers. CIA Director John Brennan explicitly denied it was happening.
- In January 2016, a top-secret inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse. This is what led to Edward Snowden’s “un-patriotic” actions that were intended to return American government to the people.
- In 2016, Obama officials searched through intelligence on U.S. citizens a record 30,000 times, up from 9,500 in 2013. Obama ordered all of this while refusing to enforce the border – in fact ordering anyone who did try to enforce existing federal border laws to be prosecuted (see Sheriff Joe Arpaio) – and welcoming, on our dime, record numbers of unvetted foreigners.
- Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “This is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”
- In May, Obama’s Director of National Intelligence and Obama appointee Sally Yates, who served as Trump’s acting Attorney General during the transition both admitted they, too had illegally reviewed communications that occurred against Hillary Clinton’s political opponents. Both had previously lied about this.
DNI Clapper had brazenly lied to Senator Ron Wyden in 2013 when he told him that the NSA was not collecting any type of data at all on any Americans. Thanks to Edward Snowden we learned the enormity of that lie. The NSA’s metadata collection program has recorded virtually every phone conversation, text message and email belonging to millions or hundreds of millions of Americans.
Earlier this week CNN grudgingly admitted that Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort had indeed been “wiretapped” by the FBI both before and after the election. Attkisson has also overturned evidence that other Trump advisors Carter Page and Michael Flynn along with a number of other transition officials had also been under surveillance.
It’s hard to see how all of this this wasn’t used as a backdoor Trump to spy directly on Donald Trump.
This was basically admitted to by former National Security Advisor Susan Rice who viewed the mounting evidence against her and recently confirmed that she previously lied about unmasking Trump associates for political purposes in order to protect herself and the former president.
In May, Obama’s Director of National Intelligence and Obama appointee Sally Yates, who served as Trump’s acting Attorney General during the transition both admitted they, had illegally reviewed communications that were conducted by Hillary Clinton’s political opponents. Both had previously lied about this.
DNI Clapper outright lied to Congress in 2013 assuring senators that the NSA was not collecting any type of data at all on any Americans. Thanks to Edward Snowden we learned the enormity of that lie. The NSA’s metadata collection program has recorded virtually every phone conversation, text message and email belonging to millions or hundreds of millions of Americans.
For her research, Attkisson also became a target of our intelligence community. She is now reporting that she has “spent more than two years litigating against the Department of Justice for the computer intrusions. Forensics have revealed dates, times and methods of some of the illegal activities. The software used was proprietary to a federal intel agency. The intruders deployed a keystroke monitoring program, accessed the CBS News corporate computer system, listened in on my conversations by activating the computer’s microphone and used Skype to exfiltrate files.”
Attkisson is far from the only journalist to be spied on because of their propensity for exposing the truth about Obama’s tactics.
The global intelligence firm Stratfor, led by conservative Frank Gaffney, released this statement on September 21, 2010, less than two years into the Obama administration:
[John] Brennan [then an Obama Homeland Security adviser] is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources.
Note — There is specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode…
James Rosen is the most famous, but not the only Fox News journalist to be spied on by the Obama intel operation. The Associated Press was also the victim of Obama’s authoritarian regime, as was Sheryl Attkisson.
The fact that the government has lied every time they were asked about the evidence should scare every American. Amplifying those fears should be that each incriminating revelation was met with mainstream media false and misleading narratives intended to squash the truth about both the facts and the severity of the threat to our democratic republic.
Thank God that Donald Trump was willing to pit himself against the Deep State Marxists that Obama left implanted everywhere throughout our government. And, thank God Trump has the steel spine to withstand their attacks.
Obama had led us to the brink of totalitarianism – from control over our healthcare, to out of control tax rates, to IRS directed damage to his political opponents, to a regulatory system that empowered him to punish his opponents and ignore regulations for his friends, to the weaponization of our intelligence agencies, to our shrinking middle class – using the tactics and advancing the agenda of previous Marxist regimes.
Now we know that the Fake News Trump has complained about since the outset of his campaign wasn’t about the size of the crowd at his inauguration but rather the depth of the Obama administration’s corruption, and the extent of the laws they would break, that plagues Trump advancing his agenda to this day.