Elder Patriot – The dog and pony show unfolding this afternoon during the Senate Judiciary Committee’s “interrogation” of Mark Zuckerberg was broken up only be Texas Senator Ted Cruz who held Zuck’s feet to the fire over the real issue that should’ve been the focus of this hearing.
Every other senator focused on the mishandling of our personal information as though that malfeasance hasn’t been happening for some time at many other corporate giants that necessarily hold our information.
The disingenuousness of the Senators was evident throughout as they pounded on the Cambridge Analytic breach whiel never mentioning the fact that in 2012 Facebook admitted to literally standing by while the Obama campaign drained the entire graph of users’ information because they favored the election of Obama.
Carol Davidsen, Obama’s Director of Media Analytics admitted to this weeks ago when she said:
“We were actually able to ingest the entire social network of the U.S. that’s on Facebook, which is most people.”
“So [then] they shut off the feature.”
“The Republicans never built an app to do that. So the data’s out there — you [Facebook] can’t take it back. The Democrats have this information, so when they look at a voter file and someone comes to them, they can immediately be like ‘Oh, here are all the other people that they know, and here are people they can help us persuade, because they’re really good friends with that person.’”
“The Republicans do not have that information and will not get that information. I’m a Democrat; so maybe I could argue that’s a great thing, but really it’s not, in the overall process. That wasn’t thought all the way through and now there’s a disadvantage of information that to me seems unfair.
It’s that censorship that Cruz focused on that truly threatens our elections and with it our Republic.
Try as he might, Zuck couldn’t walk the tightrope between being an open forum and a publisher because Cruz kept pushing him off the line.
There’s a good reason Zuck was trying to avoid answering, Facebook’s senior management is staffed with dozens of former Obama and Hillary staffers. In fact, Facebook’s COO, Sheryl Sandberg had been prominently floated to be Hillary Clinton’s Treasury Secretary.
What’s really concerning is a list compiled by Breitbart of 45 Obama and Hillary sycophants currently calling the shots from high places at Facebook:
- David Recordon, former Director of IT for Obama’s White House. Recordon was Engineering Director at Facebook prior to his role at the White House, and returned to the position after the 2016 election. He is currently Engineering Director for the Chan-Zuckerberg initiative.
- David Ploufe, President, Policy and Advocacy for the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative. Campaign Manager for Obama in 2008, and still sits on the board of the Obama Foundation.
- Josh W. Higgins, currently Executive Creative Director at Facebook. Formerly Design Director at Obama for America.
- Aneesh Raman, currently on the Economic Opportunity team at Facebook. Formerly held a number of positions in the Obama White House, including speechwriter to Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, Associate Director for Strategic Communication at the Department of Defence, and Speechwriter to the President.
- Lauryn Ogbechie, currently manager of Facebook’s Education Partnerships Team. Formerly Digital Organizing Manager at Obama for America.
- Danielle Cwirko-Godycki, Leadership Recruiting at Facebook, formerly a volunteer at Hillary for America and a fellow at Organizing for America.
- Meredith Carden, currently on Facebook’s News Integrity team. Formerly worked at the office of Michelle Obama for two years.
- Sarah Pollack, currently Associate Manager for Policy Communications at Facebook. Formerly directed media logistics at Hillary for America, and worked as a Press Advance Associate at the Obama White House. The first work experience listed on her Linkedin profile is an internship at the Clinton Global Initiative.
- Ben Forer, Strategic Partner Development at Facebook. Formerly a New Media Intern in the Obama White House and a Social Media Specialist at the Clinton Foundation.
- Bonnie Calvin, currently works as a curator for the Facebook GMS summits. Was previously selected by the Obama White House to curate their “Maker Faire” in 2014, aimed at celebrating “makers and builders and doers across the country.”
- Juliane Sun, Intellectual Property Analyst at Facebook, formerly oversaw verification requests at Instagram. Worked as an International Trade Assistant in Obama’s Department of Commerce.
- Anthea Strong, Project Manager for News at Facebook. Deputy Regional Field Director for the Obama campaign in 2007-08, and Project Manager for Voter Experience for the Obama campaign in 2011-12.
- William Elliott, Marketing at Oculus VR, owned by Facebook. Formerly a Community Organizer at Obama for America.
- Nureen Ehab Khadr, Marketing Specialist, Middle East & North Africa. Formerly an Organizing Fellow at Organizing for America.
- David Kaufman, Marketing Lead, Building 8, Facebook. Formerly worked at the U.S. Digital Service in the Obama White House.
- Sean Patrick Murphy, Talent Adviser and Recruiter at Facebook. Formerly a canvasser at Obama for America and an activist trainer for the Bernie Sanders campaign.
- Veronica Rocha, Contracts Administrator at Facebook. Formerly Organizing Fellow at Obama for America.
- Giselle Hale, currently Director for Media Partnerships Product at Facebook. She was a regional field director for Obama for America in 2007-08.
- Melissa Lano, who has held multiple senior roles at Facebook including Associate Manager on International Elections in 2012, where she worked on the American presidential election. Formerly a precinct manager at Obama for America in 2008.
- Mercedes Krimme, multiple roles at Facebook including Project Data Integrity specialist, where she helped launch Facebook’s civic engagement tools, including Town Hall, Civic Checkup, and Voter Guide. Formerly a field organizer at Organizing for America.
- Matthew Holleque, Research Science Manager at Facebook. Formerly Deputy Statistical Modeling Director at Obama for America.
- Rachel Jamail, Site Lead at Facebook. Formerly consulted with the office of FLOTUS Michelle Obama on “high-priority marketing initiatives.” Formerly a board member of the Anti-Defamation League.
- Jane Lee, Strategy and Communications Lead at Facebook. Formerly Deputy Chief Operating Officer at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management in the Obama White House, and Finance and Operations Budget Manager at Obama for America.
- Zach Stubenvoll, Creative Director at Facebook. Formerly Designer / Print Lead at Obama for America.
- Zaid Zaid, Public Policy, Strategic Response at Facebook, formerly Associate White House Counsel.
- Nathaniel Kerksick, Product Design Manager for Social Good at Facebook. Formerly Art Director and Designer at Obama for America.
- Francesca de Quesada Covey, Head of Jobs and Service Partnerships at Facebook, formerly Deputy Counselor for Strategic Engagement in the Obama White House.
- Amy Seidenwurm, Executive Producer for “Social Good” at Oculus VR, a Facebook-owned product. Formerly a Creative Projects Consultant at Obama for America.
- Kyle O’Connor, Executive Communications at Facebook, formerly Presidential Speechwriter at the White House.
- Sharon Yang, Government & Politics Outreach at Facebook. Formerly Gen44 Finance Director at Obama for America.
- Melanie Roe, Technology Communications at Facebook, previously worked for Democratic presidential candidates and Democratic administrations since the Kerry campaign in 2004.
- Brett Brownell, Content Strategist at Facebook, previously worked as Deputy New Media Director for Pennsylvania in Obama’s 2008 campaign. Also worked for MSNBC and Mother Jones.
- Ryan Bushek, Technical Program Manager at Facebook. Formerly Operations Director, Florida for Obama for America.
- Christine Turner, head of Global Policy at WhatsApp, a Facebook acquisition. Held multiple roles in the Obama White House between 2008 and 2016.
- David Ginsberg, currently Director of UX and Strategic Research at Facebook. Formerly debate prep lead for Vice President Joe Biden in 2012.
- Matthew Warshauer, currently Head of “Data Science for Social Good” at Facebook. Warshauer was an intern at Obama for America, working on paid media analytics.
Hillary for America:
- Emilio Tamez, currently performs “custom research” at Facebook on behalf of advertisers. Formerly worked as an experiments analyst for Hillary for America.
- Joel Cohen, Client Solutions Manager for Travel at Facebook. Formerly Senior Manager for Digital Advertising at Hillary for America in 2016, and a Digital Advertising Strategist at Obama for America in 2012. In between the two campaigns, he also worked at Facebook.
- Ritu Sharma, currently the Emerging Worlds Liaison at Facebook. Formerly a member of the National Finance Committee for Hillary for America.
- Andrew Forrest, currently works in Partnerships Analytics for Facebook. Previously worked as Head of Audience Development at Hillary for America.
- Ashley Woolheater, currently Public Policy Lead at Oculus VR. Formerly Policy Chief of Staff at Hillary for America.
- Nellwyn Thomas, currently works in Data Science for Facebook. Formerly Deputy Chief Analytics Officer at Hillary for America.
- Emily Hahn, currently a Product Marketing Manager at Facebook. Formerly a Senior Product Manager at Hillary for America.
- Crystal Patterson, currently Government & Politics Outreach Manager at Facebook. Formerly Communications Director at the Center for American Progress and worked in Online Communications at Hillary for America.
- Marcus Raimondi, currently a Client Solutions Manager at Facebook. Formerly a Digital Advertising Strategist at Hillary for America.
These weren’t simply employees of the government that worked under Obama and Hillary. These were campaign volunteers and also paid experts dedicated to their election. They were all heavily invested in the success of progressive politicians and their policies.
“Our search for former Romney staffers or campaign volunteers who currently work at Facebook returned just seven profiles. A search for McCain staffers returned one profile, who also appeared on the Romney list. A search for staffers from the George W. Bush administration or presidential campaigns returned three profiles. A search for former Trump staffers returned zero profiles —unless you count the Facebook industry insights lead who interned at Ivanka Trump’s company in 2012.”
Whether the employees of Silicon Valley were attracted to support Obama and Clinton, or the Masters of the Universe in Silicon Valley took over the Obama and Clinton campaigns is unimportant.
The alliance is an unholy one and it needs to be broken up.