Pat Bateman – Arkancide is the unfortunate habit of potential witnesses to the Clintons’ dirty dealings in Arkansas suddenly deciding to shoot themselves twice in the back of the head while Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas. Police and automatically described these shootings as “suicides.”
Yesterday’s car-bombing murder of Maltese investigative journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia took the life of the woman who was a major participant in the Panama Papers investigation that exposed the connection between Bill and Hillary Clinton and many of their major donors who had literally thousands of offshore bank accounts that served as tax havens to avoid paying U.S. taxes.
Before the Wikileaks style data-dump Clinton was the odds on favorite to be our next president. Then came the biggest data leak in history and for the next year 400 journalists worked tirelessly to decode the 11.5 million documents leaked from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca. The 2.6 terabytes of data show billions of dollars worth of transactions dating back 40 years.
By the time the dust cleared Bernie Sanders denounced what had been learned:
“Panama is a world leader when it comes to allowing wealthy Americans and large corporations to evade US taxes by stashing their cash in offshore tax havens. The Panama free trade agreement will make this bad situation much worse. Each and every year, the wealthiest people in this country and the largest corporations evade about $100 billion in taxes through abusive and illegal offshore tax havens in Panama and in other countries.”
The Clintons’ ties to these tax-cheats are too numerous to ignore. Here are just a few of their donors who were involved:
- Gabrielle Fialkoff, who served as Clinton’s finance director during her first campaign for the Senate in New York.
- Billionaire Frank Giustra, the Canadian mining magnate and longtime crony of Bill Clinton who has donated $100 million to the Clinton Foundation.
- The Chagoury Group that has pledged $1 billion in projects to the Clinton Global Initiative.
- Chinese billionaire Ng Lap Seng who was at the center of a Democratic fund-raising scandal during the Clinton administration
- Marc Rich, the notorious international fugitive pardoned by Bill Clinton in his final hours as president in 2001
At the time Hillary Clinton said, “Now some of this behavior is clearly against the law, and everyone who violates the law anywhere should be held accountable.”
Right. And just like another leaker, Seth Rich, it appears someone was held accountable. It just wasn’t anyone associated with enriching the Clintons.
As always seems to be the case with the Clintons, their friends walked and Bill and Hillary kept the money. Oh, and an investigative reporter who wouldn’t let go is dead.